At Bohermore Community Project we are committed to using free and open source software wherever possible. We understand that the internet and the technology that drives it are more the product of collective innovation and development in the open source community than the result of the best intentions of any company or individual. And we are part of this spirit of freedom and exploration that compels us to create and discover because that’s what we want to do.
Ubuntu Studio – Linux for Creative Humans
The internet runs the world. Linux operating systems run the internet. We run Linux. Linux Ubuntu is an computer operating system that has been developed and maintained by a community of thousands of contributors and developers. That something so complex and important (companies run on Linux include Facebook, Google, Amazon) can be developed collectively, without profit, is one of the most significant occurrences our times. That the heads of the companies mentioned are multi billionaires is probably significant too.
https://www.linux.org/forums/linux-beginner-tutorials.123/ for some Linux tutorials
and click the image to check out Ubuntu Studio
Graphic Design, Photo Editing and Manipulation
Whether you are a graphic designer, photographer, illustrator, or scientist, GIMP provides you with sophisticated tools to get your job done. You can further enhance your productivity with GIMP thanks to many customization options and 3rd party plugins.www.gimp.org/tutorials for excellent photo editing tutorials
Darktable is an open source photography workflow application and raw developer — a virtual lighttable and darkroom for photographers. It manages your digital negatives in a database, lets you view them through a zoomable lighttable and enables you to develop and enhance your raw images..https://www.darktable.org/usermanual/en/ to see the darktable user manual
Graphic Design – Vector Graphics creation software
Whether you are an illustrator, designer, web designer or just someone who needs to create some vector imagery, Inkscape is for you!
- Flexible drawing tools
- Broad file format compatibility
- Powerful text tool
- Bezier and spiro curves
inkscape.org/learn for Inkscape learning and exploration
Video Editing, Composition, compositing and Audio Processing
Through the MLT framework, Kdenlive integrates many plugin effects for video and sound processing or creation. Furthermore Kdenlive brings a powerful titling tool, a DVD authoring (menus) solution, and can then be used as a complete studio for video creation.
kdenlive.org/en/toolbox for kdenlive information and Tutorials
Open-source 2D Animation Software for Windows, Linux and OSX.
- Vector tweening – Transform any vector shape into another!
- Layers and Filters – Synfig provides 50+ layers to create artwork and animation of any complexity.
- Bones – Full-featured bone system allows to create cutout animation using bitmap images or control your vector artwork.
- Advanced controls – You can link parameters of various layers – directly or through mathematical expressions.
wiki.synfig.org/Main_Page for the Synfig wiki with documentation and great tutorials.
Record, Edit and Mix Music and Audio
- Bring it to the computer Grab yourself a nice audio interface. Plug in a microphone or a keyboard. Add a track. Press record. Got it.
- Cut, move, stretch, copy, paste, delete, align, trim, crossfade, rename, snapshot, zoom, transpose, quantize, swing, drag, drop.
- Mute, solo, fader, automate, EQ, dynamics, insert, send, pre-fader, post-fader, sync, monitor, isolate.
write.flossmanuals.net/ardour/introduction/ for manual and tutorials
Powerful yet user friendly audio recorder
Audacity is a free and open-source digital audio editor and recording application software, available for Windows, macOS, Linux, and other Unix-like operating systems.